- Other Apps
The Principal Secretary,
School Education Department,
Government of Tamilnadu, ChennaiDear Madam/ Sirs,
Dear Directors of Schools Education, Elementary education, Matriculation, DTERT, all CEOs, all DEOs, all IMS and all District Collectors
Greetings from the Office of the Special Representative on RTE in Tamilnadu of the National Commission on Protection of Child Rights!
Subject: Passing on – Orders of the Central Information Commission, New Delhi - All mandated information mentioned in Section 4, in hard copy at all school premises for the benefit of the beneficiary community - Will be of immense help in ensuring transparency and accountability of the functioning of schools – Orders for strict adherence to the same to be issued by the relevant departments - Regarding
As the Special Representative of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights [NCPCR] I have the pleasure of sharing with you a recent order of the Central Information Commission, New Delhi [CIC] in relation to mandated information mentioned in Section 4 of the RTI 2005, in hard copy at all school premises for the benefit of the beneficiary community stating that it will be of immense help in ensuring transparency and accountability of the functioning of schools. You are kindly requested to go through the orders and ensure that orders are also further issued to all schools under your jurisdiction to adhere to the same in all schools.
The speaking order of the CIC reads as follows:
In view of the aforesaid and from the facts before it, the Commission under the powers vested in it by section 19 (8) (a) of the RTI act, hereby directs the following:
The Following categories of documents shall be available for inspection from the last working day of October 2011, pertaining to each particular school for the on-going academic session:
a. Admission records
b. Students’ attendance records
c. Teachers’ attendance records
d. Budget Allocations, Sanction issued and Expenditure incurred
e. Expenditure on Educational Tours, Mid Day Meals, V.K.S/SMC, Sanitation,
f. Records of disbursements made to students on account of Scholarships, Uniforms, Books, and all other incentives given under any scheme.
g. Copies of Circulars/Notifications/Orders received from Directorate of Education & other Departments/Authorities from time to time, which are available with the concerned school.
h. Various Registers like inspection Register, Visitor Register, Movement Register and Complaint File
1. All schools of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi will have the above noted documents/registers available for inspection by citizens on the last working day of each month, from 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM for First/Morning/General Shift and 3.30 PM to 5.30 PM for the Second/Evening shift schools respectively. This information regarding inspection timings shall be available on the notice boards of all schools.
2. A sign board of appropriate dimension shall be installed, mentioning the Name(s), designation(s), contact details including the office address/room number, as the case may be who can be contacted for inspecting records including the inspection timings as mentioned in point 1 above. No acronym/abbreviation should be used. This information shall be inscribed in Hindi and shall be installed at a location having maximum public view at the concerned school. The same shall also be published on the website of the Corporation also.
I wish that proper instructions are issued in this regard at your end. I also wish that you appreciate such matters being brought to your kind concern by me in my capacity as the SR on RTE of the NCPCR for the state of Tamilnadu.
A one word in reply will be greatly appreciated.
With kind regards and best wishes,
SR on RTE of the NCPCR for the state of Tamilnadu
1. Ms. Sabitha IAS The Principal Secretary, School Education Department, Government of Tamilnadu, Chennai
2. Mr. P. Mani, Director of School Education, Chennai, (firstname.lastname@example.org,schsec@tn.
3. Mr. A. Shankar, Director of Elementary School Education, Chennai (email@example.com and deeechenna
4. Mrs. T.H. Chenthamizh Selvi, Director Matriculation Education, Chennai (firstname.lastname@example.org and dmspallikal
5. Mr. Devarajan, Director, DTERT, Chennai (email@example.com)
6. All CEOs, Government of Tamil Nadu
7. All DEEOs, Government of Tamil Nadu
8. All Inspectors of Matriculation Schools in Tamil Nadu
9. All District Collectors